At Chino Aesthetic Dental, Dr. Joshi carefully evaluates every patient, providing a clear diagnosis of your situation and working on the right treatment from there. She works closely with you to find the best solution for improving and sustaining your oral health.
What Is TMD?
- Teeth grinding (bruxism)
- Dislocation at the joint
- Chronic or acute stress
- Trauma or injury at the joint or jaw
- Improper bite
Signs You Might Have a TMJ Disorder
- Pain (in the jaw, neck, shoulders, or even your teeth)
- Headaches and/or earaches
- Trouble with fully opening your mouth
- Locking of the jaw
- Sounds from the jaw joint (popping, clicking, or grating)
- Impaired chewing ability
- Ringing in your ears
- Swelling on the affected side of your face
Benefits of Treating TMJ Disorders
Control Over Your Jaw
Should I Have TMJ Treatment?
- Difficulty opening or closing your mouth
- Jaw pain
- Jaw popping
What Is the Treatment Like?
- TENS: Short for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. Relaxes the jaw joints and facial muscles with low-level electrical currents.
- Ultrasound: Relieves soreness and improves joint mobility using deep heat treatment.
- Trigger-point Injections: By injecting specific medication or anesthetic into target muscles, we can reduce pain.
- Radio wave therapy: Similar to TENS, this delivers low-level electrical stimulation, resulting in increased blood flow and relief.
- Surgery: Several different surgical options are also available for treating TMJ disorders. However, these are usually tried only after less-invasive methods have proven not to provide the relief you need.
Schedule Your Appointment
We believe every patient deserves to have every part of their mouth and jaw function to full capacity. Schedule your appointment at Dentist Chino today to get started on achieving relief from TMD through professional TMJ disorder treatment. Dr. Joshi and her experienced team look forward to helping you improve the health of your joints and get a big smile back on your face. Call us today to get started.